Welcome to Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science was one of the three Foundation Faculties at the inception of the University of Ibadan as the then University College of Ibadan in 1948. The Faculty commenced its memorable existence from laboratories which were converted from 'wards of the 56th Army General Hospital, Eleyele, Ibadan,and moved to its present site in 1953.
The founding fathers of the Faculty made it a deliberate policy to attain and maintain a very high academic standard. Consequently, by the 1960s the Faculty was already a centre of excellence for teaching and research.