Name: Jonathan Oluyori Aleru
Academic and Professional Qualifications: B.A, M.sc, PhD (Archaeology) (ibadan)
Academic Title: Professor and Head of Department
Academic Status: Professor
Area of Specialisation: Historical Archaeology
Office: Room A322 Dept. of Archaeology and Anthropology
Contact: Tel:+234 8023247791
Swedish Institute Guest Scholarship, Department of Archaeology and Ancient History Uppsala University 2000-2001
Current Research Interest
Archaeological Investigations in Igbomina, North Central Yorubaland
1. Aleru, J. O. (2011) Ceramic Research in North Central Yorubaland, Journal of Nigerian Field Archaeology Vol. 1 (1): 1-12
2. Lawuyi, O. B., Oyelaran, P.A., Ogundele, S. O., Aleru, J. O., Alabi, R. A., Opadeji, O. A., and Ololajulo, B. O. 2011 Archaeological and Anthropological Cooperation on a Search: Owu and thoughts on Diaspora. Journal of Nigerian Field Archaeology Vol. 1 (1): 22-30
3. Oseni, K., Alabi, R. A. and Aleru, J. O. (2012) Settlement Pattern and Structural Morphology in Lekki Coastal Area, Southwestern Nigeria: an ethnoarchaeological perspective, Journal of Science Research Vol. 11 No. 1: 83-90
4. Aleru, J. O. and Alabi, R.A. (2012) Archaeological Work in Southwest coast of Nigeria: search for evidence on the Atlantic Slave Trade, Journal of Nigerian Field Archaeology Vol. 2 (2): 77-91.
5. Oseni, K, Alabi, R. A., Aleru, J. O. 2012. Settlement Pattern and Structural morphology in Lekki Coastal Area, Southwestern Nigeria: an Ethno-archaeological Perspective. Journal of Science Research Vol. 11 (1): 83-90.
6. Aremu, D. A., Ogiogwa, J. Aleru, J. O., Tubosun, B. J., Ogunfolakan, B. A. and Oyelaran, P. A. 2013. Sungbo Eredo, Materiality, Ecology and Society in Prehistoric Southwestern Nigeria. West African Journal of Archaeology. Vol. 43 (2): 1-21.