NAME: Babatunde B. ADELEKE
Academic and Professional Qualifications: B.Sc (Ibadan) MSc, PhD (Queens)
ACADEMIC TITLE: Professor
ACADEMIC STATUS: Professor
Area of Specialization: Physical Chemistry
Office: C2 Department of Chemistry
SCHOLARSHIPS, FELLOWSHIPS AND PRIZES
1. Canadian CIDA/NSERC Research Associateship for Scientists from Developing Countries, 1979-1981
2. Canadian commonwealth Postgraduate Scholarship, 1972-1976
3. AFGRAD Postgraduate Scholarship, 1972
4. University of Ibadan, Chemistry Departmental Award, 1970
5. University Scholar, University of Ibadan, 1969
6. Shell-BP Petroleum Company of Nigeria Scholarship, 1968-1971
7. Sir Manuwa Prize for the best Upper Six Students, King’s College, 1967
8. King’s College Prize for Chemistry, 196
9. King’s College Prize for Physics 1967
10. Western Nigerian Scholarship, 1966—1967
11. St. Charles Grammar School 1965 — Prize for Good Manners and Efficiency
HONOURS, DISTINCTIONS AND MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES:
1. Member, Science Association of Nigeria
2. Member, Chemical Society of Nigeria
3. Member, International Society of Magnetic Resonance (USA)
4. Member, Nigeria Environmental Society
5. Appointed Associate Editor of the Bulletin of Chemical Society of Nigeria by the Council of the Society, 1980-81
6. Appointed Editor (Physical Sciences), Journal of Chemical Society of Nigeria by the Council of the Society, (Nov. 1985)
7. Awarded Canadian CIDA/NSERC Research Associateship for Scientists from Developing Countries for the Summers (1979-1981)
8. Research Fellowship (Sept,-Dec. 1976) in Magnetic Resonance Laboratory, Queen’ University, Canada
9. Invited Speaker at a Seminar at the Chemistry Department, University of Ife
10. Invited Speaker at a Faculty of Science Seminar, Ogun State University, AgoIwoye (1984-85).
11. External Examiner for First degree, Master’s and Ph.D. Degrees, the Department of Chemistry at:
a. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (1988), (1994 to date).
b. University of Lagos, Lagos, (1990 to 1992) (1994 - 1998)
c. University of Ado-Akiti (1998 to date)
12. Merit Award Winner (1990) of the National Association of St. Charles’ Old Boys.
13. Merit Certificate for the student with best results in WASC Examinations (1965) by National Association of St. Charles Old Boy’s Association
14. Founder and Foundation President (1978 —1982) of St. Charles Old Boy’s Association.
15. President, Osogbo Klob of 079 (A Social and Philanthropic Society), 1982-1984
16. Member, Board of Governor of:
a. St. Charles Grammar School, Osoybo (1980- )
b. Laro Grammar School, Okefia, Osogbo (1982/83)
17. Member, University of Ibadan Vision Committee
18. Director, Osun State Mining Company Limited.
19. National Merit Award by Osogbo Progressive Union (1997)
20. Fellow Chemical Society of Nigeria (1998)
21. Award of Excellence as the Best Rector in Nigeria by the (National Association of Polytechnic, Students NAPS (2004)
22. Time NEWS 2005 Merit Award of Excellence for Contribution to Education in Nigeria by the Editorial Board of Time NEWS Magazine in conjunction with Board of Directors of Prime International Communication Limited.
23. Nominated for Inclusion in The Contemporary Who’s Who for Professionals
2004/2005 Edition, Published by the American Biographical Institute.
24: VISION AFRICA: Outstanding 2005, Development in African Nations Merit Gold Award
25: Distinguished Alumni Award in recognition of Outstanding contribution to Society by Charleans in Diaspora, Old Students’ Association (Atlanta, 2006).
26. Man of the year 2005 award based “on his outstanding accomplishments to date and the noble example he has set for his peers and entire community” by The American Biographical Institute and its Board of International Research.
27. Special Merit Award “for outstanding contributions made towards the advancement and progress of engineering practice in Nigeria” by the Nigeria Society of Engineers, Ibadan Branch, April, 2006.
28. Professional fellowship Award of the Civilian Institute of Democratic Administration, CIDA “in recognition of his contribution to the progress of the Society so far”, July 2006.
29. Fellowship Award of The Certified Institute of Shipping of Nigeria, CISN “in recognition of your immeasurable contributions to the sustainable development of the Maritime — Transport Industry”. November 2006.
30. Nominated among 100 Eminent Yoruba Citizens (EYC) for the 45th Anniversary Celebration of Nigeria Independence on i October, 2005.
31. Fellow, Centre for Civilian Administration, 2006.
32. Fellow, chartered Institute of Shipping of Nigeria - Nov. 2006.
33. Award of Excellence as the Most Outstanding Vice-Chancellor in Africa by the All Africa Students Union (AASU), Feb. 2007.
34. Fellow, Institute of Chartered Chemist of Nigeria, ICCON, March 2007.
35. Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration — Aug. 2007.
36. TimeNews 2007 Development Achievers in Nigeria Gold Award for Leadership and Entrepreneurial Excellence in Nigeria, August, 2007.
37. Certificate of Commendation by National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS), July 2008.
38. An Award by the Department of Chemistry, University of Ibadan “in recognition and appreciation of his phillantropic gesture (Donation of 100kva Generator to the Department of Chemistry (September, 2010).
39 An Award by the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria “in recognition of your appointment as Vice-Chancellor, Ladoke Akintola University of Tech., Ogbomoso and Great Alumnus of University of Ibadan” on the occasion of 60th Founder’s Day of the University (2008).
40 President, OSUN FORUM – a socio-cultural organization in Osun State, Nigeria (2011-2013).
41 Award of Excellence for Outstanding personality Lecture by Students’ Chemical Society of Nigeria, University of Ibadan Branch (March, 2014).
42 Elder’s Merit Decoration Award by St. John’s Anglican Church, Ita-Olokan, Osogbo (June, 2014).
43. National Honour LAUTECH Chapter, Ogbomoso (June, 2015).and Merit Award by Osogbo Progressive Union National (September, 2014).
44. National Merit Award of Excellent Performance as Rector, OSPOLY IREE and Vice-Chancellor, Ladoke Akintola University of Tech., Ogbomoso. Given at the Annual National Conference of Association of Business Educators of Nigeria (ABEN), KWARA 2014 (Oct., 2014).
45. Patronship Award by University of Benin Alumni Association, State of Osun Branch “in recognition of your past Excellent Commitment, Interest, Dedication and Contributions to the Development of Mankind …” (May, 2015).
46. Merit Award “In Recognition of his selfless services to God and humanity”. Given by Nigeria Federation of Catholic Students, St. Thomas More Catholic Chaplaincy,
VIII. Details of Teaching Experience at University Level